Technical Application Support Analyst
MEDIOLANUM BANKING GROUP
The Mediolanum Banking Group is a leading Italian financial conglomerate listed on the Milan stock exchange and a constituent of the FTSEMIB index. It was founded in 1982 with the aim of delivering customized, value adding investment products and services to retail clients by means of an innovative, client centric, service orientated distribution model
Today the two basic components of Mediolanum’s early success, innovation and client service, are firmly embedded in the DNA of the organization and none more so than in Mediolanum’s Irish operations which have developed over time to become the financial research and development centre for the Group, driving product and service innovation across its mutual fund and insurance businesses alike.
Established in Dublin since 1997, Mediolanum has a Fund Management Company, an Asset Management Company and a Life Insurance Company with each focused on the research, development, and discovery of innovative investment products and services, which it then delivers to its European retail client base through UCITS and Non UCITS mutual funds as well as unit linked life insurance products. These products are distributed primarily through the Group’s Banking entities and their Family Banker sales networks. The Irish Operations of almost sixty people also support our Group entity Gamax in Luxembourg which is growing its institutional business. Our people are continuously trying to effect change for advantage and we have created unique internal mechanisms to foster and develop IP initiatives in all aspects of our activities.
We are seeking persons who are creative and want to innovate, and who can leverage on the pools of knowledge and skill available to us through many partnerships at a global level.
We are now seeking a Technical Application Support Analyst with approximately 4 years’ experience in Financial Services, ideally in Funds, Asset Management and/or Life Insurance.
Duties will include, but not limited to the following
Position: Technical Application Support Analyst
Reporting to: IT Service Portfolio Delivery lead
Duties will include, but not limited to the following;
Technical Application Support Analyst
- Provide technical application support for core business platform, focussing on local Leve 1 support activities in conjunction with Level 2 and Level 3 support
- Perform Systems monitoring – availability, performance, service
- Perform technical configuration of application processes such as daily report generation, overnight job processing, pricing checks
- Task monitoring, including daily process checks, end of day processing, reporting, critical job status
- Environment management – Manage availability of various environments in conjunction with support partners
- Support the Change and Release management processes with Service Delivery Lead
- Triage of initial support issues and escalation to second line application support as required
- Resolution of common issues
- Document process, solution to enhance knowledge management
- Drive the building of application support knowledge in the organisation
- Liaise closely with the business to understand core business process to assist in building of triage capabilities
- Conduct daily service reporting
The Ideal Candidate will have
- 4+ years’ experience as a Technical Application Support Analyst in Financial Services, ideally in Funds, Asset Management and/or Life Insurance
- Good knowledge of underlying Asset and Fund Management business processing platforms and related technologies and platforms
- Excellent knowledge of service delivery processes and has played a lead role in continuous service improvement initiatives
- Demonstrable service and delivery record in a fast moving environment within the financial industry
- Significant Application Support experience, including environment management, job schedule monitoring, batch configuration
- Educated to Degree Level in a relevant technical discipline with adequate business experience, or hold a Business degree with adequate technical experience.
- ITIL Certification
- PMP, Prince2, Agile (DSDM / Scrum), CBAP or ISEB BA certifications or equivalent are a distinct advantage
Remuneration package will be competitive and based on the successful candidate’s overall abilities and experience.