MEDIOLANUM BANKING GROUP
The Mediolanum Banking Group is a leading Italian financial conglomerate listed on the Milan stock exchange and a constituent of the FTSEMIB index. It was founded in 1982 with the aim of delivering customized, value adding investment products and services to retail clients by means of an innovative, client centric, service orientated distribution model
Today the two basic components of Mediolanum’s early success, innovation and client service, are firmly embedded in the DNA of the organization and none more so than in Mediolanum’s Irish operations which have developed over time to become the financial research and development centre for the Group, driving product and service innovation across its mutual fund and insurance businesses alike.
Established in Dublin since 1997, Mediolanum has a Fund Management Company, an Asset Management Company and a Life Insurance Company with each focused on the research, development, and discovery of innovative investment products and services, which it then delivers to its European retail client base through UCITS and AIF mutual funds as well as unit linked life insurance products. These products are distributed primarily through the Group’s Banking entities and their Family Banker sales networks. The Irish Operations of over 90 people also support our Group entity Gamax in Luxembourg which is growing its institutional business. Our people are continuously trying to effect change for advantage and we have created unique internal mechanisms to foster and develop IP initiatives in all aspects of our activities.
We are seeking persons who are creative and want to innovate, and who can leverage on the pools of knowledge and skill available to us through many partnerships at a global level.
Mediolanum Irish Operations is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Reporting to: Performance, Monitoring & Control Manager
The Performance, Monitoring & Control (PMC) team is a critical part of the investment team at Mediolanum. The performance analyst will work within a team of analysts primarily focused on providing support to a team of traders, portfolio managers & fund selection personnel.
The responsibilities of the successful candidate will be varied, interesting and challenging. The working environment is dynamic and would afford an ambitious person with a background in a finance related discipline the ability to expand upon their knowledge of the investment industry, and develop a thorough understanding of how a large asset manager operates.
Duties will include, but not limited to the following
- Monitoring and attributing the performance & risk of mutual funds and insurance products managed by Mediolanum Asset Management against peer competitor funds, as well as market benchmarks.
- Analysing and effectively communicating the drivers of this performance to the investment team, product teams & board of directors.
- Monitoring all products and managers in respect of the investment guidelines in terms of investable universe, restrictions and performance & risk standards.
- Supporting our distributors in providing the necessary information to complete products fact sheets (including comments, asset allocation, and duration information).
- Preparing investment performance reports for their Boards of Directors.
- Supporting the Investment Committee’s evaluations and decisions with ad hoc investment analysis related to the current or prospective products.
- Working with the team to enhance, rationalize reports as required. Ensuring our processes are robust by reviewing and updating procedures, ensuring appropriate controls are used, developing relevant KPIs, and cross-training with other analysts where needed.
- Working with our colleagues in IT to drive efficiencies in processes and analysis production.
- Managing benchmark changes to ensure suitability, cost minimisation & implementation.
- Maintenance of data in relation to funds managed by Mediolanum Asset Management, as well as benchmarks associated with those processes.
- Thorough & robust testing and trialling of new systems.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with our various supplier firms.
- 3-5 years’ experience providing portfolio analysis & support directly to front office investment personnel, preferably at an asset manager.
- Demonstrable experience; including asset allocation, performance measurement & attribution & risk analysis.
- A good knowledge of equities, fixed income and mutual funds. Understanding of requirements under different regulatory regimes, including Solvency II, UCITS & MIFID
- Experience with one or more of Bloomberg PORT, Style Research, Morningstar or MYSIS Fusion Invest is a distinct advantage.
- A working knowledge of SQL or Business Intelligence tools such as Cognos or Qlik is an advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or a related discipline, with a CFA charter holder or progress towards CFA being an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products, but in particular Excel.
Remuneration package will be competitive and based on the successful candidate’s overall abilities and experience.