IT Service Portfolio Delivery Lead
MEDIOLANUM BANKING GROUP
The Mediolanum Banking Group is a leading Italian financial conglomerate listed on the Milan stock exchange and a constituent of the FTSEMIB index. It was founded in 1982 with the aim of delivering customized, value adding investment products and services to retail clients by means of an innovative, client centric, service orientated distribution model
Today the two basic components of Mediolanum’s early success, innovation and client service, are firmly embedded in the DNA of the organization and none more so than in Mediolanum’s Irish operations which have developed over time to become the financial research and development centre for the Group, driving product and service innovation across its mutual fund and insurance businesses alike.
Established in Dublin since 1997, Mediolanum has a Fund Management Company, an Asset Management Company and a Life Insurance Company with each focused on the research, development, and discovery of innovative investment products and services, which it then delivers to its European retail client base through UCITS and Non UCITS mutual funds as well as unit linked life insurance products. These products are distributed primarily through the Group’s Banking entities and their Family Banker sales networks. The Irish Operations of almost sixty people also support our Group entity Gamax in Luxembourg which is growing its institutional business. Our people are continuously trying to effect change for advantage and we have created unique internal mechanisms to foster and develop IP initiatives in all aspects of our activities.
We are seeking persons who are creative and want to innovate, and who can leverage on the pools of knowledge and skill available to us through many partnerships at a global level.
We are now seeking a IT Service Portfolio Delivery Lead with approximately 8 years experience in Financial Services, ideally in Funds, Asset Management and/or Life Insurance, with at least 5 years experience in a Service Delivery role.
Duties will include, but not limited to the following
Duties will include, but not limited to the following;
IT Service Portfolio Delivery Lead
- Reporting directly to the CIO, ensure clear understanding of the technical and application services supporting the delivery of services to the business
- Define and manage the Service Delivery approach and framework
- Manage the relationship with our external technical and application service providers
- Manage Service Reporting delivery structures and cadence
- Ensure all service providers understand and are aligned to service targets and SLAs
- Manage the IT Risks register in conjunction with our Risk team, with inputs from key stakeholders and providers
- Project management activities
- Ensure the delivery and maintenance of required levels of process, procedure and technical documentation across Service Management, IT Risk, Business Continuity and Security
- Define and ensure consistent delivery of required data, statistics and reports for service analysis and to facilitate effective service health monitoring and performance
- Define operations and service monitoring requirements and approach for new business services
- Production support of core application services
- Maintain a Service Delivery calendar
- Keep up to date with market developments
- Identify and implement opportunities for Service Improvement
The Ideal Candidate will have
- 5+ years experience as a Service Delivery lead in Financial Services, ideally in Funds, Asset Management and/or Life Insurance
- Project management, planning and delivery experience
- Good knowledge of underlying Asset and Fund Management business processing platforms and related technologies and platforms
- Excellent knowledge of service delivery processes and has played a lead role in continuous service improvement initiatives
- Demonstrable service and delivery record in a fast moving environment within the financial industry
- Significant vendor management experience
- Significant Application Support experience
- Educated to Degree Level in a relevant technical discipline with adequate business experience, or hold a Business degree with adequate technical experience.
- ITIL Certification
- PMP, Prince2, Agile (DSDM / Scrum), CBAP or ISEB BA certifications or equivalent are a distinct advantage
Skills and Knowledge
- A thorough understanding of how IT systems can interface with multiple functional groups within an organization, and used to handling conflicting terminology and concepts used by different business areas and systems.
- Good working knowledge of application architectures and corresponding service requirements
- Excellent communication skills. Must be able to conduct effective workshops to elicit service requirements from a range of end-users and stakeholders, and have the ability to manage conflicting issues with all stakeholders.
- Excellent service delivery and client ethos.
- Excellent inter-personal, team building and people management skills.
- Good working knowledge of Security principles, IT Risk Management, Infrastructure management and delivery
Remuneration package will be competitive and based on successful candidates overall abilities and experience.