Investment Team Assistant
MEDIOLANUM BANKING GROUP
The Mediolanum Banking Group is a leading Italian financial conglomerate listed on the Milan stock exchange and a constituent of the FTSEMIB index. It was founded in 1982 with the aim of delivering customized, value adding investment products and services to retail clients by means of an innovative, client centric, service orientated distribution model.
Today the two basic components of Mediolanum’s early success, innovation and client service, are firmly embedded in the DNA of the organization and none more so than in Mediolanum’s Irish operations which have developed over time to become the financial research and development centre for the Group, driving product and service innovation across its mutual fund and insurance businesses alike.
Established in Dublin since 1997, Mediolanum has a Fund Management Company, an Asset Management Company and a Life Insurance Company with each focused on the research, development, and discovery of innovative investment products and services, which it then delivers to its European retail client base through UCITS and Non UCITS mutual funds as well as unit linked life insurance products. These products are distributed primarily through the Group’s Banking entities and their Family Banker sales networks. The Irish Operations with almost 100 people also support our Group entity Gamax AG in Luxembourg which is growing its institutional business. Our people are continuously trying to effect change for advantage and we have created unique internal mechanisms to foster and develop IP initiatives in all aspects of our activities.
Our overall business has grown to now having c. €37.5 billion in assets under management.
When recruiting we are seeking persons who are creative and who want to innovate, and who can leverage on the pools of knowledge and skill available to us through many partnerships at a global level.
Mediolanum is looking for a Fixed Income Portfolio Manager responsible for managing fixed income with a particular focus on High Yield credit and Emerging Market Debt. This role will cover a number of total return funds and a suite of products across an Asset Allocation programme. This encompasses analysing the Macro Environment and investing in fixed income including but not limited to credit indices, sectors and corporates.
Duties will include, but not limited to the following
Duties and responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
- Duties will be a blend of administrative and technical including the following:
- Drafting of Investment guidelines in conjunction with fund owners
- Collation of Investment Committee documentation
- Collation of the Investment Department input into Board packs
- Assisting with and documenting commercial negotiations with third party service providers
- Project management, liaising with internal departments and externals as needed.
- Managing requests from end distributors in key markets (Italy, Spain, Germany) for deliverables
- Ad hoc projects as required.
Skills / Competencies:
- Strong understanding of the fundamental drivers of the credit markets, with an appreciation for investor positioning and technical analysis.
- Ability to provide concise, effective communication of investment themes/ideas to entire investment team within a highly collaborative culture.
- Client focused with ability to respond to ad hoc client / fund requests along with providing regular fund and market commentary updates.
- Advanced level Bloomberg and Microsoft Office.
- Advanced Data Analytics capabilities and programming a distinct advantage
Qualifications and experience:
- 2+ years in Financial Services
- Good knowledge of mutual fund landscape and insurance industry advantageous
- Fluent Italian; Spanish or German advantageous
- Honours graduate (business discipline) and a legal background would be preferable
- Project management skills
- Ability to perform under pressure and within tight deadlines with accuracy
- Numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail essential
- Good communication skills, both oral & written
- Good negotiator and personable individual
- Advanced Microsoft office skills
- Good grasp of technology, experience of salesforce advantageous.
Remuneration package will be competitive and based on the successful candidate’s overall abilities and experience.