Fixed Income Portfolio Manager
MEDIOLANUM BANKING GROUP
The Mediolanum Banking Group is a leading Italian financial conglomerate listed on the Milan stock exchange and a constituent of the FTSEMIB index. It was founded in 1982 with the aim of delivering customized, value adding investment products and services to retail clients by means of an innovative, client centric, service orientated distribution model.
Today the two basic components of Mediolanum’s early success, innovation and client service, are firmly embedded in the DNA of the organization and none more so than in Mediolanum’s Irish operations which have developed over time to become the financial research and development centre for the Group, driving product and service innovation across its mutual fund and insurance businesses alike.
Established in Dublin since 1997, Mediolanum has a Fund Management Company, an Asset Management Company and a Life Insurance Company with each focused on the research, development, and discovery of innovative investment products and services, which it then delivers to its European retail client base through UCITS and Non UCITS mutual funds as well as unit linked life insurance products. These products are distributed primarily through the Group’s Banking entities and their Family Banker sales networks. The Irish Operations with almost 100 people also support our Group entity Gamax AG in Luxembourg which is growing its institutional business. Our people are continuously trying to effect change for advantage and we have created unique internal mechanisms to foster and develop IP initiatives in all aspects of our activities.
Our overall business has grown to now having c. €37.5 billion in assets under management.
When recruiting we are seeking persons who are creative and who want to innovate, and who can leverage on the pools of knowledge and skill available to us through many partnerships at a global level.
Mediolanum is looking for a Fixed Income Portfolio Manager responsible for managing fixed income with a particular focus on High Yield credit and Emerging Market Debt. This role will cover a number of total return funds and a suite of products across an Asset Allocation programme. This encompasses analysing the Macro Environment and investing in fixed income including but not limited to credit indices, sectors and corporates.
Duties will include, but not limited to the following
Duties and responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
- To be part of a team that co-manages the fixed income portion of a number of multi-asset macro total return funds, (circa €1.5bn).
- Analysing the credit of High Yield and Emerging Market debt.
- To help manage the Asset Allocation programme for a suite of mutual funds, oversee the buying and selling of fixed income investments with heavy emphasis on risk management (circa €10bn).
- Provide input to the multi-manager team as a Portfolio Allocation Specialist on High Yield and Emerging Market debt.
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis of credit markets to identify relative value.
- Employ portfolio hedges of related macro risks as necessary.
- To improve the current investment process including developing and refining models for assessing fixed income credits and sectors.
- Work within a collaborative framework and participate in internal weekly meetings freely sharing developments, themes and investment ideas within the credit landscape.
- To support the Investment Committee’s evaluations and decisions with ad hoc analysis related to the current or prospective products.
This role offers significant scope within a dynamic portfolio management team, covering a wide range of financial assets and regions. The successful candidate can expect to be constantly challenged while the role offers exceptional growth potential.
Skills / Competencies:
- Strong understanding of the fundamental drivers of the credit markets, with an appreciation for investor positioning and technical analysis.
- Ability to provide concise, effective communication of investment themes/ideas to entire investment team within a highly collaborative culture.
- Client focused with ability to respond to ad hoc client / fund requests along with providing regular fund and market commentary updates.
- Advanced level Bloomberg and Microsoft Office.
- Advanced Data Analytics capabilities and programming a distinct advantage.
Qualifications and experience:
- Graduate at Masters level (min. 2.1) in an economics, quantitative or business discipline and preferably with an investment industry qualification (e.g. CFA).
- 3-5 years in investment management with emphasis on fixed income and credit plus macro analysis with a solid track record in multiple asset classes.
- Experience in managing other asset classes an advantage.
- Flexibility in managing across multiple regions.
- Demonstrate an ability to work within a structured, repeatable investment process.
Remuneration package will be competitive and based on the successful candidate’s overall abilities and experience.