MEDIOLANUM BANKING GROUP
The Mediolanum Banking Group is a leading Italian financial conglomerate listed on the Milan stock exchange and a constituent of the FTSEMIB index. It was founded in 1982 with the aim of delivering customized, value adding investment products and services to retail clients by means of an innovative, client centric, service orientated distribution model.
Today the two basic components of Mediolanum’s early success, innovation and client service, are firmly embedded in the DNA of the organization and none more so than in Mediolanum’s Irish operations which have developed over time to become the financial research and development centre for the Group, driving product and service innovation across its mutual fund and insurance businesses alike.
Established in Dublin since 1997, Mediolanum has a Fund Management Company, an Asset Management Company and a Life Insurance Company with each focused on the research, development, and discovery of innovative investment products and services, which it then delivers to its European retail client base through UCITS and Non UCITS mutual funds as well as unit linked life insurance products. These products are distributed primarily through the Group’s Banking entities and their Family Banker sales networks. The Irish Operations with almost 100 people also support our Group entity Gamax AG in Luxembourg which is growing its institutional business. Our people are continuously trying to effect change for advantage and we have created unique internal mechanisms to foster and develop IP initiatives in all aspects of our activities.
Our overall business has grown to now having c. €37.5 billion in assets under management.
When recruiting we are seeking persons who are creative and who want to innovate, and who can leverage on the pools of knowledge and skill available to us through many partnerships at a global level.
Mediolanum is looking for a Compliance Manager to join our Compliance team who is experienced in compliance and regulatory affairs and who can display the skill, energy and enthusiasm required to play a leading role in framing and implementing the Compliance agenda for the Irish and Luxembourg entities
Duties will include, but not limited to the following
Duties and responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
- To provide support to the PCF 12 for the Irish & Luxembourg entities;
- Preparation of reports to the Board of Directors on all compliance matters;
- Delivery of the annual Compliance Plan for the Company in line with the best practice and the regulatory requirements (e.g. MIFID, UCITS, Solvency II, PRIIPS, IDD, Corporate Governance Code, etc.);
- To play a leading role in the implementation of key regulatory projects (MIFID II, PRIIPS, etc.)
- To manage a team of professionals with responsibility for UCITS ManCo, MIFID, UCITS Investment Compliance & AML responsibilities;
- To support the UCITS investment compliance and AML functions;
- To assist with the completion of all compliance and legal monitoring activities scheduled within the compliance team;
- Ad hoc projects as required.
Skills / Competencies:
- Quick Learner and Assertive individual who can act by following instructions and act independently when appropriate.
- Organised individual who can self manage multiple priorities, routine work and urgent issues as they arise. The ideal candidate is focused on resolving issues in a pro-active way and timely way.
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment as it pertains to Irish Financial services companies (knowledge of the cross border business would be an advantage but is not required).
- Display Knowledge & Authority in dealings with all parties and maintaining priority of achieving goals.
- Display Attention to Detail in all aspects of work and relationships.
- Can establish him/herself as a Reliable Point of Contact for internal and external parties.
- Developing and managing relationships both internally and externally.
- Excellent verbal, written and numeric skills. Italian language skills would be an advantage though not essential.
- Strong IT skills.
- Relevant 3rd Level Degree, preferably with a legal content is desirable.
- A formal qualification in Compliance is desirable.
- At least 5/6 years’ experience in a compliance environment in financial services
Remuneration package will be competitive and based on the successful candidate’s overall abilities and experience.